Renata Precision Components Private Limited, Pune (India) based precision automotive component parts manufacturer, is a supplier to top international automotive companies. Renata has invested signiﬁcantly in a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility with some of the latest equipment and technology from internationally renowned OEMs. They have adopted the latest engineering and manufacturing practices and they are certiﬁed to rigorous international standards.
As a supplier to world’s top automotive OEMs and tier-1 companies, Renata is constantly looking for opportunities to improve QCDDR Performance (Quality Cost Delivery Development Response). Despite investment in best-in-class equipment and processes, their eﬀorts were limited by:
- Occasional inaccuracies and incompleteness in data inherent in a manual process
- Delay in access to data, especially second and third shifts resulting in lost opportunities to optimize and/or take corrective action
- Data silos due to lack of integration of production and business data
- Management eﬀort disproportionately spent on collecting/correcting data as opposed to acting on insights
- Delay in daily and monthly reporting
axisPLAST 4.0, a premier and industry-leading Industry 4.0 product for Plastics manufacturers, digitally enabled 35+ injection molding machines to acquire data in real-time. EcoAxis is to deliver ready-to-act insights in a timely manner to Renata management anytime, anywhere, and on any device which enabled quick identiﬁcation of opportunities to improve eﬃciency and reduce losses.
axisPLAST 4.0 was also integrated with Renata’s ERP SAP and barcode-based material tracking system to enhance enterprise-wide visibility to end-to-end business operations.
The results over three years have been exceptional
“For our competitive advantage, we leverage the data of our interconnected machines, material traceability, and SAP business system for getting live KPIs anytime, anywhere, using EcoAxis’ IoT solutions. Our expectations from the IoT solution were very challenging, but I am happy that EcoAxis has surpassed our expectations.”
– Krushna Abak, Operations Head, Renata Precision Components Private Limited