India’s largest linen producer embarked on a comprehensive sustainability drive to save energy across different equipment. As a part of this process, they are implementing a program across their plant utilities to simultaneously improve uptime and reduce wastage.
The company wanted to:
- Develop and standardize processes for energy measurement, tracking, and reduction as a part of their organisational goals
- Digitise reports as far as possible to minimize time spent and errors inherent in manual reporting
- Identify opportunities for savings in their boilers, compressors and other production infrastructure and reduce costs without impacting the quality or quantity of outputs
The company partnered with EcoAxis to implement axisCONSERVE 4.0 on their boiler, 14 compressors and also build an energy management system (covering 225 energy meters) across their plant in West Bengal, India.
axisCONSERVE 4.0, a product built on Industry 4.0 technologies, monitors critical operating parameters of industrial utility equipment in near real-time to deliver deep actionable insights to optimize operating costs and increase equipment life.
EcoAxis’ domain experts along with the user’s engineering and maintenance team regularly reviewed the many actionable insights and were able to identify immediately some opportunities for savings based on the insights delivered by axisCONSERVE 4.0 on compressors.
- The loading and unloading patterns of one compressor indicated that it was underutilized. Optimizing the operations of this compressor resulted in savings of approximately 300 kWh/day without starving any of the production processes of compressed air
- Correlating the compressed air needs of the production load with settings of various operating parameters over a period of several days helped identify opportunities to optimize the settings further
- A set of recommendations by the EcoAxis team that focused on optimal operations based on insights derived from axisCONSERVE 4.0 led to additional savings of almost 880kWh/day
- Energy consumption on 2 compressors was 4599 kWh/day. Insights from axisCONSERVE 4.0 helped save 1180 kWh/day. That’s a cool 25% savings without any investment!
The ability to understand operating patterns and deviations enabled the customer to take quick action based on the insights provided by axisCONSERVE 4.0. EcoAxis helped the customer consume less while producing more.