EcoAxis is a provider of cloud based Industry 4.0 Software as a Service (SaaS) for the manufacturing industry. EcoAxis will continue to expand the scope of these services for the benefit of our customers.
- What information is collected from the machines.
- How the service uses that data.
Information collected by EcoAxis
EcoAxis services acquire data from customer machines via EcoAxisâ€™ gateway and send it to EcoAxis cloud based framework SuperAxis TM. The gateway acquires data mainly of two forms:
- Data related to machine operations (called MOD, machine operations data)
- Data related to machine health (called MHD, machine health data)
from machines identified and agreed to by the customer.
Additionally, data related to configuration and customization of service which is uploaded and manually entered by the customer per their preference is maintained on SuperAxis TM.
EcoAxis will use the data collected by the gateway and data uploaded/entered by the customer only for delivering services for which the customer has signed up for with EcoAxis.
EcoAxis can share, on a specific request by a customer who has entered into a contract for services, the exact list of parameters that will be collected by the gateway. The customer must note that this information is confidential to EcoAxis and cannot be shared or distributed without prior written permission from EcoAxis.
What does EcoAxis do with the collected data
EcoAxis services use the data to provide actionable insights to the customer to improve overall operations, such as but not limited to:
- – Machine operations and performance
- – Machine diagnostics and maintenance
- – Prediction services, in the future
Please refer to the following for details on security and compliance at the cloud infrastructre – https://www.ibm.com/cloud-computing/bluemix/compliance
Personal profile information
Whenever you use EcoAxis application, the same will be accessible via a secure username and password. When updating your personal information created for profiling, EcoAxis application may be needed to ask you to verify your identity before they can act on your request.
The application could reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require additional support effort or would be extremely impractical (example – queries asking for huge amounts of data repeatedly).
Sharing the data collected
EcoAxis does not share data collected with any third party companies, organizations and individuals unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- Customer provides written consent to do so for a specific defined purpose
- Support, administration and maintenance of the service provided, such as, but not limited to
- resolving issues reported by the customer
- view statistics regarding your account
- change your account password
- suspend or terminate your account access
- access or retain information stored as part of your account
- receive your account information in order to satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request
- restrict your ability to delete or edit information or privacy settings
We have built requisite infrastructure to protect EcoAxis users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information that is held within EcoAxis. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our services using SSL. This applies to:
- The data from field to cloud (gateway to cloud)
- PC/Laptop/Mobile device to cloud
- If GPRS services are used by the gateway, we recommend using IOT SIM cards, where we have specifically whitelisted our application URL, so that no other internet access is possible. IOT SIM cards are available for 2G/3G.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.